Inhalt des Dokuments
Bonded Timber-Concrete Composite Floors with Lightweight Concrete
- Geklebter Holz-Leichtbeton-Verbund-Balken: Einfeldträger im 3-Punkt Biegeversuch
- © Verbundstrukturen
This research project examines a new concept for prefabricated timber-concrete-composite floors (TCC-floors), were the heavy normal weight concrete is replaced by a lightweight concrete (LC) with a density of about 17 kN/m³. Investigations into the connections between lightweight concrete and timber indicate that the performances of the existing connection types are unsatisfactory if combined with lightweight concrete. Therefore, a new connection method is proposed, adhesively bonding the lightweight concrete with the timber by means of a filled epoxy resin. Different ways of manufacturing the bonded timber-lightweight concrete-composite beams (TLCC-beams) are investigated, to examine the differences in their structural performances. Most promising are the test results for TLLC-beams, fabricated with a wet-in-wet bonding method: A 2 mm thick layer of filled epoxy is applied on top of a timber beam and, while still fresh, lightweight concrete is poured on top of the still wet epoxy. In the inclined slip block tests as well as in the bending tests, the shear failure always occurs in the lightweight concrete, adjacent and parallel to the bonded joint. The timber-lightweight-concrete-composite beams with a layer of filled epoxy resin between the fresh lightweight concrete and the timber beam achieve higher shear capacities than TLCC beams with screws.
In practice, adhesively bonded TLCC floors don’t fail in shear along the bonded joint, because the shear stresses remain below the shear strength of the connection and are small compared to the corresponding bending stresses in the timber. TLCC floors with adhesively bonded light-weight concrete have a similar strength and deflection as timber-normalweight-concrete-composite beams with screw connectors; they are, however, much lighter.
- Slip-Block Test mit geklebtem Probekörper aus Holz-Leichtbeton-Verbund und Bruchflächen
- © Verbundstrukturen
- Schmid, V.; Zauft, D., Polak, M. A.: Glued timber-concrete composite floors with lightweight concrete; World Congress of Timber Engineering, WCTE 2016, Wien, 2016
- Zauft, D.: Untersuchungen an geklebten Verbundkonstruktionen aus Holz und Leichtbeton; Dissertation am Fachgebiet Entwerfen und Konstruieren – Verbundkonstruktionen der TU-Berlin, Shaker Verlag, Aachen, 2014
- Schmid, V.; Zauft, D.: Bonded Hybrid Slabs of Light-Weight Concrete and Glued Laminated Timber; IABSE Symposium Madrid 2014, Engineering for Progress Nature and People; IABSE, 2014; S. 476-477
AnsprechpartnerProf. Dr.-Ing. Volker Schmid
TIB 13B - TIB1B-11